Mercado Pago offers several payment solutions that allow you to receive online or in-person payments in your store. You can provide to your customers payment methods, without contracts or monthly fees, through integrations in your online store or products such as payment link, QR code and point that can, but do not necessarily need to be integrated.
The integration flow to your store is always the same. The first step to integrate Mercado Pago is to have a Mercado Pago account, since it is in this account that you will receive sales payments and have access to your integration credentials.
If you already have a Mercado Livre account, just access Mercado Pago with your Mercado Livre login and password.
With a Mercado Pago account, you can integrate Mercado Pago products to your store in two ways:
- Installing plugins
- Developing code
Plugins are components that add specific features to a system without the need of programming. In our scenario, the plugins install some Mercado Pago's solutions for the created store on some of the best-known commerce online platforms without the need for programming.
- Create a Mercado Pago account.
- In your Mercado Pago account, go to Your business > Settings > Management and Administration > Credentials.
- Create an application and configure it by choosing the plugin to be installed according to the platform on which your store was developed.
- Access your credentials.
- Install the desired plugin referring to our manuals.
Solutions are created and managed through the Dashboard. See below the required steps to develop solutions through code.
- Create a Mercado Pago account: you need an account to integrate into our payment solutions.
- Create an application through the Dashboard: you can configure each application by choosing the desired solution to which it should be integrated. Remember to take into account the business needs and check out our manuals.
- Access your credentials: credentials are unique passwords that identify you and connect your Mercado Pago account to an integration. It is responsible for capturing payments in online stores and other applications securely.
- Conduct tests: always test the integration before going to production. Depending on the product you are deploying, you can use sandboxed test credentials or test users in production environments. Take a look at the manual for each product to learn more about the options available.
- Go to production: if everything is working as expected, you can go to production. Remember to check out the requirements for going to production.